Context and Usage
The Salesforce Consumer Goods architecture runs on three highly scalable and interoperable platforms: Salesforce Platform, Marketing, and Commerce.
- Products built on the Salesforce Platform, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, order management system, experience cloud, loyalty management, rebate management, asset management, and field service, run on the same physical platform and share a common data model.
- Consumer Goods Cloud is a superset of Sales Cloud and Service Cloud features, customized for consumer goods companies. It provides other elements within its data model, such as consumer goods-specific objects.
- The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a powerful suite of communication and marketing automation tools designed for interoperability.
- Salesforce CDP is Salesforce’s enterprise-wide customer data platform solution.
- Commerce Platform enables scalable web and mobile ecommerce services.
- AppExchange is the leading enterprise cloud marketplace, providing solutions and consultants to extend Salesforce functionality.
- Tableau is a business intelligence platform and has direct connections to the rest of the Salesforce ecosystem. Tableau provides analytics independent of data sources.
- Mulesoft Anypoint Platform is an integration platform providing hundreds of SaaS and on-premises connectors and templates that form the building blocks of this unique connectivity platform for integration.
APIs and Connectors enable point-to-point connections to develop cross-cloud customer experiences. Solutions useful to consumer goods include API integrations, Marketing Cloud Connect, Distributed Marketing, and Social Customer Service.
For additional detail, review the consumer goods solution architectures and information included in the Customer 360 Guide for Consumer Goods, or contact your success manager or account team.